The holiday season is our favorite time of year at Lee Supply, and it’s quickly approaching! This means we’re officially allowed to start holiday baking. So we put together a round-up of essential baking tools to have in your kitchen this season:
- Chef’s Knife: The most important kitchen tool. Used to slice, chop and dice just about anytime. We recommend using an 8-inch chef knife so it’s easier to handle. Spend a little extra to get a high-quality knife that will last you for many years.
- Cutting Board: Not just for holiday baking, but a good cutting board will be used year-round. They come in plastic, bamboo or wood – your preference. However, if you choose a wooden board, be sure to wash it immediately after use to make sure it doesn’t stain.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons: Christmas cookies, anyone? Having a good set of measuring cups and spoons ensures that you’re always using the right amount of liquid and solid ingredients in your baking. We recommend metal cups over plastic – they last longer, although they are a bit more expensive.
- Mixing Bowls: You won’t regret investing in a variety of different mixing bowl sizes. Use them to mix sauces, salads, cake mix, beating eggs and more. We recommend getting glass bowls as they don’t retain odor and are easier to clean.
- Colander: A steel colander gets our vote, as it is the most durable and has good handles that will be easier to carry to the sink.
- Thermometer: Who’s craving turkey? Having a good thermometer will allow you to cook your food at just the right temperature, which is essential to cooking meat, especially when preparing a meal for a large group!